Saturday 5 March 2016

Portfolio Submission

It is very nearly assignment deadline time.  Since the beginning of October I have been working on a personal photography project for my final year at university.  This assignment required me to demonstrate my research and exploration of an in-depth photographic project.  We were given free rein on the choice of topic and I chose to focus on the damaging affects we are having on our coastal areas.

My research has given me an insight into how other photographers and creatives portray this subject and the many different ways of getting this message across to an audience.  In this blog I have discussed why I decided to focus on this theme; the research undertaken; experiments I carried out with cyanotypes; the history of photography exhibitions and their audiences; the charities and organisations working on these issues; and other artists who have exhibited their work.

Working on this project has been thoroughly satisfying, not because I am heartened by the news stories I have come across, far from it, but because I had the opportunity to work on something I feel very passionate about.  If only one person who sees my images has a rethink about changing their recycling habits, or conserving water, or turning off a light when they are not that room, I feel I will have achieved what I set out to do at the start of this project.

Here are my final 12 images that will be submitted for my assignment.
Final images produced for "Looking into the Depths" project

No comments:

Post a Comment